On this course you will gain an excellent foundation in Ayurveda and learn how to practice 10 Ayurvedic therapies. Ayurvedic therapies are world renowned for their rejuvenating and healing properties.
12 months €2900
Our Diploma of Ayurvedic therapies trains students in the use of Ayurveda therapies. As part of this diploma students will learn 10 Ayurvedic therapies, how to use Ayurvedic oils and herbs for topical application and the fundamentals of Ayurveda.
This diploma course is a part time course conducted over 12 months at Satmya Natural Medicine & Learning Centre, Killaloe, Co. Clare
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Diploma in Ayurvedic Therapies. This will entitle you to successfully apply for indemnity insurance and enable you to practice Ayurvedic therapies on the public.
A registration fee/deposit €900 is required to hold a place on the course. The registration is non refundable with the exception of a course not commencing.
Written and verbal fluency in English are a requirement for this course.
Participants must be 21 or over.
Anatomy and Physiology ITEC Level 3, QQI level 5 or equivalent.
Satmya Vedic Living Centre, 3 Royal Parade, Killaloe, Co Clare.
Email: email@example.com Tel. 061 622751
Course Dates: March 2022
Delivery methods: on site lectures, course notes, handouts, workbooks, practical demonstrations, hands-on learning and supervised clinical training.
This course cost does not include meals or accommodation.
- Course Content
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Tridosha theory (Vital energies)
- Concept of Saptha dhatus (Body tissues)
- Concept of Malas (Waste products)
- Concept of Agni (Digestive fire)
- Concept of Ama (Toxins)
- Concepts of Koshas (GIT)
- Concept of Prakruti (Body type)
- Concept of Vikruti (Imbalance)
- Concept of Srotas
- Snehana and Swedana karma
- Abhyanga (Ayurveda full body oleation/massage)
- Shiro-abhyanga (Head Massage)
- Mukha Abhyanga (Face massage)
- Swedana Karma (Steam therapies)
- Karana Purana (Massage & oil therapy for the ears)
- Nabhi Vijnanam (Naval Pulse correction)
- Mukha Ubtan (Ayurvedic Facial)
- Nasya (Nasal treatment)
- Katti Basti (Lower Back Treatment with oil)
- Shirodhara (Stream of Oil on Forehead)
- The Marma points
- Introduction to Ayurvedic Diagnostics (pulse, tongue, iris)
- Properties & uses of various oils and herbs for topical application
- Case Taking & Clinical skills
- Clinical studies & application of therapies
- Prerequisite: ITEC Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology or equivalent.